If you’re a travel geek, or just a glutton for punishment, you don’t want to miss out on the always entertaining website Airline Meals. Curated for over a decade by an anonymous website designer from Rotterdam, this curiously engaging website offers more than 25,000 photographs of airline meals from more than 600 different air carriers around the world. Along with the intriguing photos, the site also provides information on food in airport lounges, airport restaurant availability, a menu card archive and even behind the scenes reports on international airline catering companies.
Beyond the peculiar food offerings, my favorite aspects of Airline Meals are actually nonfood related. The site also has marvelous archives of historic airline advertisements and aviation related photographs from the 20th century.
- Needles Found In Airline Meals (tammybruce.com)
- Why Airline Food is So Salty (neatorama.com)
- In-Flight Cuisine (planegrazy.com)
- Zagat Ranks the 10 Airlines with ‘Awesome’ In-Flight Food (jaunted.com)
- Airline food, haute cuisine, height cuisine (thejetspert.wordpress.com)