We see nearly 500,000 words in print every day—and that’s just on websites. Do we pay any attention to the typefaces website designers choose? Don’t know a Dunbar from a Lucida? Ever wonder why Garamond Light is suddenly everywhere? Well maybe this brilliant infographic by Nick Sigler will help sort your Calibri from your Johnston. It’s aptly named A History of Western Typeface.
- Sunday Morning Funnies: I Shot The Serif (bridgetsbooks.wordpress.com)
- Content focused design: type edition (getprismatic.com)
- Typeface History (luminerydotcom.wordpress.com)
- Type Matters (ilovetypography.com)
- Font Obessessed (cultofajracewood.wordpress.com)
- Fonts – What best suits to my Website? (rajbgm.wordpress.com)