Ryan Holiday learned some serious life lessons when he decided to open a small town bookshop in rural Texas during a pandemic. A year later, he decided to share his experience in a blog post and a Youtube video (below). Here are a few of his key thoughts, but take a look at his blog and the video if you have ever fantasized about opening a bookstore.
- Start small.
- Be patient.
- Think of it as an experiment.
- Do it the way only you could do it.
- Find ways to take risk off the table.
- Define what success means to you.
- Question some of the assumptions out there.
- See adversity as an opportunity to find out what you are capable of.
- Keep going—behind mountains are more mountains.